Children are not exempt from screening process, but we assure you of our full availability to perform these procedures while avoiding any discomfort as much as possible.
- A child able to walk will pass through the walk-through metal detection equipment. For this purpose, it is advisable for one of the parents/ child attendants to go first and tell the child to follow him/her.
- If the child does not want to walk alone through the walk-through metal detection equipment, the parent/child attendant can keep him/ her in his/ her arms during the screening process.
- Liquid baby food (milk, tea, soup, puree etc.) and medication needed during the trip are allowed after undergoing special screening procedures.
- During the screening of food/liquid medication, you may be required to for consent to open certain containers for additional screening measures in the event of alarms triggered by the screening equipment.
- Inform the screener if you have a pacemaker and/or your medical condition prevents you from passing through the walk-through metal detection equipment.
- In such cases, the screener will use other screening measures or methods (hand search, explosive trace detector, removal of the footwear etc.).
- Inform our screeners about any issues that can make certain operations impossible, so that they can adjust the screening process according to certain/particular needs. Additional screening techniques will be used during screening, depending on the need for clarification or the impossibility to apply other methods.
- The screening process can be performed both at the security check-point and in a special cabin (private screening cabin). Notify the screener when choosing to undergo the security process in a space free from the eyes of other passengers.
- If you need liquid medication (e.g. insulin) or other items required for administration (e.g. syringe) during the trip, you should know that they are allowed to transport but will be subject to additional methods with specific equipment, including explosive trace detection equipment. A medical certificate could be useful, but is not mandatory.
- Screening process can be adapted taking into account the religious or cultural identity of each passenger.
- If you do not want to remove the outer garments in the screening process area, or you do not want to pass a hand search in public, report this to the screeners who will apply the specific methods in a special room (private screening room).
- In the event that certain items of worship (such as ceremonial knives) can be assimilated to prohibited articles, they will not be accepted in the aircraft cabin.
- Small pets accepted in the aircraft may be held in owner’s arms when passing through the walk-through metal detection equipment.
- Additional screening methods or means may be used to perform screening process on pets.
- Harnesses, bags or cages will be screened separately.